"A mind lively and at ease" is a blog by a first-generation Russian-Ukrainian immigrant Maria K. (Maria Igorevna Kuroshchepova). An engineer by education, an analyst by trade, as well as a writer, photographer, artist and amateur model, Maria brings her talent for weaving an engaging narrative to stories of life, fashion and style advice, book and movie reviews, and common-sense and to-the-point essays on politics and economy.
This super-healthy dinner is easily adjustable for vegetarians and meat eaters. It's also colorful, delicious, and great fun - both to prepare and to eat.
- Large radishes - flattened at the bottom and cored. If making this for an average-size group, allow 2-3 radishes per person. Once the radishes are cleaned and prepped, fill each one with butter, mozzarella, or feta. Sprinkle the ones with butter with coarse salt (Murray River salt and Himalayan Pink or Red work well.)
- Large tomato slices arranged on a plate, each topped with a slice of mozzarella and a fresh basil leaf.
- Spaghetti squash - cleaned, cooked, and scooped
- Spaghetti from the spaghetti squash used as stir fry noodles with thinly sliced bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and any meet of your choice (or none). We made ours with yellow curry, but you can also opt for a sweet and sour option.
- Yogurt in small cups, with strawberry slices, dark chocolate shavings, a touch of espresso sugar, and a sprig of apple mint.