About Me

My photo
Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States
"A mind lively and at ease" is a blog by a first-generation Russian-Ukrainian immigrant Maria K. (Maria Igorevna Kuroshchepova). An engineer by education, an analyst by trade, as well as a writer, photographer, artist and amateur model, Maria brings her talent for weaving an engaging narrative to stories of life, fashion and style advice, book and movie reviews, and common-sense and to-the-point essays on politics and economy.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Artist interview - Stan Baldwin

I've been a fan of Stan Baldwin's incredible art for a long time now. Much to my delight, I was finally able to lure him in for an interview - no doubt through a combination of my feminine wiles and persistent nagging.

====================================

What is your favorite virtue? My personal virtue is to be able to let my imagination run wild. In others, I like creations that are beyond the ordinary…it can be something in pottery, writing, or on the athletic field or just about anywhere..

Your favorite qualities in a man. Honesty and humbleness

Your favorite qualities in a woman. I love the character in a woman’s face, even more as she gets older. I love women who know what they want and go after it..

Your chief characteristic. I love art…..you will seldom see me without paint on my fingers…

What do you appreciate the most about your friends? Honesty and originality

Your main fault. Laziness

Your favorite occupation. Artist

Your idea of happiness. Staying vital

Your idea of misery. boredom

If not yourself, who would you be? Marlon Brando or Steve McQueen

Your favorite heroes in fiction. Lucas Davenport, detective in Sanford Novels..

Your favorite heroes in real life. Too many to name…. Elizabeth Warren stands out..

Your favorite food and drink. Lime juice and Cherry phosphate…..most smoothies. I love Mexican and Chinese food…occasionally Greek..

What is your present state of mind? My mind is like a continuous movie, before I fall asleep, a slide show..

Your personal motto. Never Quit..

====================================

To find out more about Stan and his art, please visit his Facebook page.

No comments: