About Me

My photo
Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States
"A mind lively and at ease" is a blog by a first-generation Russian-Ukrainian immigrant Maria K. (Maria Igorevna Kuroshchepova). An engineer by education, an analyst by trade, as well as a writer, photographer, artist and amateur model, Maria brings her talent for weaving an engaging narrative to stories of life, fashion and style advice, book and movie reviews, and common-sense and to-the-point essays on politics and economy.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Writer interview - Teresa Geering

In the great tradition of writerly camaraderie, author Teresa (Tee Gee) Geering and I have exchanged interviews to introduce each other to our mutual audiences.

What is your favorite virtue? Well Aristotle and Plato are guiding my hand here Maria. I’m going to go for Chastity I reckon because I’m as pure as the driven snow which when trodden underfoot becomes... [Interviewer promptly cracks a rib trying not to laugh.]

Your favorite qualities in a man. Honesty, Humour and he needs to be Romantic (I’m a Pisces)

Your favorite qualities in a woman. When I open a bottle of wine she says “one is never enough” and I’ve brought the nibbles”

Your chief characteristic. Total madness - what else?

What do you appreciate the most about your friends? We don’t live in each others pockets but when I need them they are there for me.

Your main fault. I’m probably too generous if that’s a fault. I hate to see anyone struggling for whatever reason.

Your favorite occupation. Writing when the muse flows.

Your idea of happiness. Watching the sea as it ebbs and flows against the beach, regardless of weather.

Your idea of misery. Having to work inside when it’s really hot, hot, hot, outside.

If not yourself, who would you be? Ooooh now that’s an interesting question. I would go back to Rome and be … one of the vestal virgins, keeping the sacred fire going, whilst causing a bit of mayhem on the side. (Nudge nudge wink wink)

Your favorite heroes in fiction. Midsomer Murders actors Gwilym Lee and Neil Dudgeon. They always solve every crime in Midsomer in an hour.

Your favorite heroes in real life. The guys and gals I work with in my volunteering role. They are truly awesome and have my greatest respect.

Your favorite food and drink.

Favourite food (hot) Steak any kind any size (but prefer biggggg)

Favourite food (cold) Cheese, savory biscuits, pate, (olives if I’m in the mood)[I think we need to start making a menu here.]

Favourite drink (hot) Green tea with coconut

Favourite drink (cold) Ice cold lager in the summer and red wine otherwise

What is your present state of mind? Calm but hungry (lunch time)

Your personal motto. You’re a long time pushing up daisies so have fun on a day-to-day basis!!

For more about Tee, her books, and other things, visit one of her (many) web sites.

- Amazon Author Spotlight

- Blog

- Facebook

- Publications

- Soulfate Video

1 comment:

tee geering said...

thank you for interviewing me Maria it was fun x